Welcome to the tribe.
That's right, wi-Tribe. I HAVE INTERNET IN MY APARTMENT!
It happened so suddenly. Yesterday, I was walking with my friend Laura, who lives with Kathy, to Umniah, my cell provider. They have options to put your SIM card into a dongle that gets internet on your computer...slow internet. Well, Laura told me about the tribe. She said she was a member. So I went to her apartment and she showed me a device that looked awfully like a black, modern office building. Like this:
I am broadcasting the internet through my computer to Andrew's, and together we share high-speed internet for just 39JD a month!! Walla!I am working on getting the microphone on my computer to work again so that I can not look like a fool with a headset. If I must, I must, but if not, I would like to put some videos up of my explaining my experiences to my audience. Your humble narrator wishes greatly to appeal to those following his journeys and even his routine with various forms of media in the most fashionable way possible.
I am on my way out to get a copy of JO Magazine and to meet with an editor of said magazine. I hope that it goes well and that I find myself comfortable in the company of the world of journalism. What an exciting possibility! Between this opportunity and the Jubilee School, I cannot go wrong. I am still awaiting an email back from them, but I know that the meeting went splendidly.
On having internet in my apartment... I'm free to do what I want, any old time. That includes:
- reading Israeli news
- Skyping in private, in order to discuss being Jewish, verbally dwell upon events in the Middle East, speak in Hebrew, and just feel as though I can be comfortable when speaking in English out loud
- check my email when it is necessary
- maintain connections to family and friends at convenient hours for both of us
- be more available for those who wish to speak with me
Wish me luck on my interview, and do take care.
--Ibrahim
ever since you supposedly got the internet... it has been impossible to reach you! hmmmphhh... i'll try again lata tata.
ReplyDelete