Ha HA!
I do it every time.
So tonight we met our peer tutors, and mine, Haitham, is a great guy! Already holding my hand (that's normal in Jordan, by the way). He's so happy to finally meet me, and I him.
After iftar, we went to a mosque for a class of mine: Intro to Islam. I start out doing what everyone's doing, prostrating and all, and then I made some friends, of course! A bunch of kids, Abdullah, Ahmed, Ahmed, another one I cannot pronounce, and I was practicing my 3arabi. We decided to ditch services to go drink some tea in the back. So fun. So when it was time for us to go, people were like "dude you always know people," as always, haha. If I sound pompous yet, just you wait.
We go out to the street, and a car comes past, "Ibrahim!" It's Hani shouting from a car, and everyone goes, wait.. what? I feel like I own the streets, when people call my names from all different directions.
This is me in Amman.
--Ibrahim
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
abrahamito, mi amor
ReplyDeletei completely understand that feeling of being connected to a place through the people you meet. the other day, i was walking down the street and saw un chileno i had met previously. for me, recognizing and greeting him under spontaneous and coincidental circumstances proved that perhaps i do belong.
un beso,
simona