The Resident Director did some cultural orientation the other day--BS. She singled me out, and asked, "How do you feel that people can identify you as an American on the spot and view you only as that?" I responded by saying, "Well they should, I mean.. born and raised, Philadelphia!" Jackie was next to me and goes, "Ha ha, I won't dance for you!"
This morning in the taxi, our driver was nuts. Insane. Mejnoon. He was driving like a maniac (which means gay in Jordan, but I mean he was driving like a Masshole). We almost got hit, and a few of us cringed, but he goes, "I am not scared! I was commander in PLO!" Oh, Jordan.
Tonight, a girl mentioned that she might move out of her homestay. When I asked her why, she responded with, "I had a misunderstanding with my host family, and they think I have AIDS." Oh, Jordan...
That's all for now, but I'm sure there are some good ones to come.
--Barhoom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment