Tuesday, November 4, 2008

intikhabat

Go vote!!



I will be watching the results come in all night at Jackie's. It's pretty thrilling but I'm also very nervous, if not for the Presidential Election, which looks pretty locked, for 6th District Pennsylvania and all of the California propositions. Very big stuff happening.

I can't believe that this 8 years is finally over, there is hope now. People here think that Obama would make change in the region for the better. Someone today told me that they think that Obama would make a difference for Palestine, and I hope they are right. He is very strong for saying that pro-Israel does not mean pro-Likud, and his attitude to bring everyone to the table could be very beneficial with his wider support from the people on the ground--THAT'S US!

I felt lost today because I am just anxious and have not memorized enough words recently. I have a ton of new vocab that I have to buckle down on, so I shall be working on that tonight through the returns. And what am I doing now? Nothing but playing my ukulele.

EVERYONE GO OUT AND VOTE if you are an American citizen and have not already sent in your ballot. Insha'allah tomorrow we will enter into a new era.

--Ibrahim

No comments:

Post a Comment