It means "the island"
I live on an island. The island is at my apartment, in my head, and in a few other locations where horticultural life of the island buds instantly and withers just as quickly.
I am not alone on the island, and we frequently invite guests to observe our society. Nearly every minute, I transport to and from the island instantaneously. I will get a flash of moist ocean breeze as a thought crosses my mind. Sometimes, I return to the island to discuss my findings on the environment in Amman. Sometimes, the island is very far away. Most people cannot know what is on the island: who lives there, what happens, what is said.
Without the island, I have no home. I am not welcome.
Because I have the island, everything is possible in Amman.
--Ibrahim
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A beautiful insight into the ever-changing, ever-complex workings of your thinking self. Thanks for sharing, Abe. Truly a work of art!
ReplyDelete