Sunday, March 1, 2009

okhteini

I'm at a pretty good place right now. I feel like I am setting up my next few months quite nicely while at the same time keeping strong relationships with people who are not close to me. I am meeting new people and feeling quite engaged in a social life here that suffices without being too demanding as my schedule is filling in pretty nicely.

That being said, I am missing home, my family. My sisters in particular, as we are all in three different regions of the world. I am here, in the Middle East, Anna in New York and sometimes Philadelphia, and Sarah out in Arizona.

I got a voicemail from Anna this morning, and it made me smile because nobody else could have put these words together in this order and this tone except for my sister Anna. It went a little bit like this:

...I found out something gross that you and I both had as babies, and it's this sick disease that mom told me about the other day, and if you want to hear about it call me back...

That gave me such a grin, I can't even tell you!

Also, Jackie has been getting me to listen to all of this new music that is so San Francisco that it makes me miss Sarah. Flannel shirts, folky music, well anyway here's a music video that reminds me of Sarah and I hope that someday she finds the way to express talent like this that she might be hiding somewhere:



On top of that, I have some photographs from this weekend. Ari and Allie came over to visit me, and we had a beautiful weekend with some delicious meals despite the endless rain and thunder. It was nice to have visitors in my new apartment, especially these two who mean a lot to me.

From shoko bisakit


Take care, everyone, and wish me luck this week in picking out of my classes. I'll be sure to give a bit of a description of them when the time comes. 4 days until Jackie comes!

--Avraham

1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet to me. I cannot wait to see you and smother you with love and presents. We are going to have the best, most love-filled, deepest, emotional, most hilarious, week together. It cannot come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete